Monday, October 1, 2012

Is Sean the right man for the job?

When it was first announced that Sean Lowe was to be our new Bach, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I tolerated him on Emily's season - he was cute, nice bod, blonde hair, blue eyes, acceptable sense of humor (except for that embarrassing "lives at home" prank that failed miserably), seemed to really like Emily - but I was hoping for someone new and exciting this time around. Once Emily sent him packing, I didn't miss the guy one bit. I was kind of happy she saved us from having to watch the sap one more week.
 
It seems like I go through this every season. I keep hoping for ABC to introduce someone new, someone to knock my socks off and be excited to watch. Yet, they continue to let us down and bring back a mediocre candidate from season's past. Most of the guys kind of grow on me by the final rose ceremony, but I'm waiting for that one Bach that is amazing from the beginning - someone who makes it easy-ish to understand why a group of seemingly normal chicks would actually cry, cry and cry about the dude after knowing him for just 10 minutes.
 
I remember the last Bach I thought had this kind of potetial was back in 2007. Back before we knew who the Bach (and winner - thanks a lot Reality Steve) were before the season even started. Back when we learned who the new Bach was by watching a TV commercial after The Bachelorette finale. 
 
For the first time in a long time, I watched the preview of the upcoming season and thought YES! This guys has it all! He's cute, charming, has his S together and has NEVER been on The Bach before. I couldn't wait for season 10 - starring Andy Baldwin. Then the first episode aired and my excitement died. Turns out Andy had 0 personality and I just couldn't get into it. What a bust.
 
After looking at the list of our past 10 Bachelors (Ben, Brad, Jake, Jason, Matt, Andy, Prince Lorenzo, Travis, Charlie, Byron), I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that we're ready for the most amazing Bach of ALL TIME! We need a good one! How about some redemption for making us suffer through Matt Grant and Prince Lorenzo?! I'm not sure Sean is the man for the challenge, but I guess we will see.
 
 As always, I'll be watching the premiere with a semi-open mind, hoping I'm wrong about the guy. At the very least, let's hope for some seriously crazy Bs this season who make Jenna the blogger look sane. Those hot messes are always fun to watch.

Luckily if it doesn't work out for Sean and his final rose recipient, there seem to be plenty of other "ladies" ready to declare their love for him over the world wide web to the tune of Call Me Maybe:

 
P.S. Is it just me or is Sean wearing pink lip gloss in his promo photo?
Not cute.
 

3 comments:

  1. That video made me vomit at my desk. Seriously. And I stopped afer :40 seconds.

    P.S. just say "no" to pink lip gloss on dudes. Eww.

    Morgan
    seemomogo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog makes me love you more! Not sure I am feeling the love for Sean just yet.

    I am thinking we need a post about Ashley & JP's upcoming December TV wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my testimony, I saw results within 4 days, I am very excited my lover is back now, i am so happy that dr_mack brought the love of my life back. Email:dr_mack@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete